Industries that Generate Bulk Hazardous Waste
Sep 15, 2016
Do you know the world throws out over 400 million tons of hazardous waste every year? This waste material poses a substantial threat to the health of the human species and is extremely harmful for our environment as well. These hazardous materials, which are produced as a result of some chemical processes in big manufacturing industries, need to be disposed of carefully so that it does not harm the atmosphere. In order to carry out this task, many industries avail waste removal services. Here are some industries that generate hazardous waste in bulk which need to be handled with care in order to avoid catastrophes.
Chemical Manufacturing Industry
This is an industry on which many other industries depend. This industry is responsible for producing industrial chemicals. It also converts raw materials such as metals, minerals, natural gas and crude oil into thousands of different products. These products are not only used in the industries but some are also used in our home. For example, cosmetics products are mostly made from the byproducts of petroleum. The waste material generated in the process of producing these products is hazardous and should never be dumped in lakes or land.
Paint Manufacturing Industry
In the paint manufacturing industries, heavy materials and solvents that pollute and contaminate the groundwater are used. Therefore, it is illegal to dump this material openly in lakes. Hence, most paint industries avail the services of waste management companies. These companies collect the waste from industries and recycle all the solvents and heavy metals. The recycled material, which is 85% of the total waste collected, is then sold back to the industries. The remaining 15% non-recyclable sludge is used as a fuel in the cement industries.
Paper Manufacturing Industry
Do you think that paper is only produced from wood? You are gravely mistaken. The process of producing a paper requires wood to pass through many chemicals and inks that are harmful for the environment. Sulfur Dioxide, Nitrogen Dioxide, and Carbon Dioxide are all emitted into the air during the paper manufacturing process. These harmful gases cause acid rain and climate changes. Other harmful and hazardous chemicals that paper manufacturing mills release in air and water are as follows.
- Nitrogen oxide
- Carbon monoxide
If hazardous waste material is generated in your industry, then you should also avail waste management services. At BWS Inc. we provide our industrial clients with waste disposal solutions. We’ve been operating since 1987 and have been providing services throughout Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington DC and Maryland. If you want to know more about us and our services or want a free quote then visit our official website or call (800)660-6581. Click here to read the testimonials of our existing clients.
"I’ve been using Biomedical Waste Services, Inc. for nearly 20 years! I’ve had superior customer service since day one with no surprises on our invoices."
- Dr. Kim